Placement areas are typically created as part of the ePAD implementation, but it is common for new placement areas to be introduced.
If you are using an integration with a placement management system, placement areas are created and managed via the integration. If you are not using an integration with a placement management system, you will load new placement areas using the CSV import.
To create new placement areas, in the Myprogress admin menu select ‘Manage groups’ then select ‘Import placement areas’. From this page you can download a CSV template to complete with placement area details. See screenshots below.
Key tips for completing the import placement areas template CSV:
- The Provider Name must match the Description field of an organisation which is set up in your organisational structure
- The following columns are mandatory: Provider Name, Area Name, Experience, Simulated, Placement Contact and Placement Area ID
- If you do not know the information for the Information Pack, FireTel, ResusTel, Nominated Name, Designation and Contact, leave these fields blank
- Leave the Placement System ID blank. This will be generated by the system
- The Placement Area ID is an important piece of information that links a student’s placement allocation with that placement area. It must be unique. You may already use Placement Area IDs in your existing systems, or they can be decided before first loading placement areas into the ePAD.
- Ensure there are no leading ‘0’s, leading spaces or commas in the CSV file.
When the CSV is complete, return to the Import Placement Areas page, choose the file to import, then select ‘Upload and Validate’. This will run checks on your CSV to ensure there are no errors. If any are identified then they need to be corrected. Once this validation is successful, select ‘Import’.