Amending Form Settings & Deployment Rules
Form settings and deployment rules are set when implementing the ePAD. However, there may be times when you would like to make some changes to form settings and deployment rules. Some examples of changes you might want to make could be:
- Changing who has access to certain forms to complete them
- Changing a form to require email sign off
- Adding a target for the student indicating that they should complete that form a certain number of times
- Adding or changing a deadline associated with a specific form
- Making a form always available to complete irrespective of grace periods, placement, or Part dates
Changes to form settings can be done on a cohort-by-cohort basis. If you would like to make the change to a form for all cohorts, you would have to make this change in each of the cohort ePADs.
To make a change to the settings for a particular form, firstly select the forms link which sits in the header for the relevant section of the ePAD. For example, to make changes to settings for a form in Part 1 Placement 1, select the forms link in the Part 1 Placement 1 section header.
Upon selecting the forms link the system will display a list of all the forms available in Part 1 Placement 1, showing also who has access to complete them. Select the form where the settings need to change. A window with all the settings will be displayed. See the screenshot below.
Within this window, you can set the following:
- The roles who have permission to complete these forms within their account
- The workflow for the form when a student has permission to complete:
- General – means that this form can just be completed, i.e., without email sign off
- Email sign off – means that the name and email address of the assessor or person approving this form is required for submission. An email receipt will then be sent to the approver to confirm they have completed this form with the student.
- Email for later – this allows the student to email the form to a supervisor to complete later. This sends an email to the supervisor with a link to the form. They will be required to input their name and email address to submit the form. The form will not appear in the student’s ePAD until the supervisor has submitted it.
- Practice Assessor and Practice Supervisor Allocation – these workflows are specifically for the Practice Assessor and Practice Supervisor Allocation forms. Upon submission these workflows create an account for the Practice Assessor or Practice Supervisor if new and link the account to the student’s ePAD.
- The target number of completions for a form. This gives the student a target number next to the form to indicate they should complete the form at least that number of times.
- The maximum number of completions for a form. This indicates that the student cannot complete the form more than a set number of times. Once this has been done, the ‘complete now’ button for that form will be replaced with an information message and they cannot complete it again.
- The deadline for a form – choose from none, start, middle or end date for the placement or Part. You can also select whether to offset the deadline in relation to the start, middle or end dates. For example, if you select ‘Start’ and offset the deadline by 2 days – the system will calculate the deadline as 2 days after the start date. A deadline date can be offset before (using minus numbers) or after (using positive numbers) a date.
- Make the form always available. The availability of forms is driven by the start and end dates of the placements and Parts, along with the grace periods. By selecting ‘Always available’ you are telling the system to ignore dates and grace periods and make that form always available. Once this has served its purpose, it’s important to remember to de-select this button to remove access to the form.
Managing Deadlines for Split Placements
By default, deadlines are set across the placement period for split placements. If you would like deadlines to apply to each placement allocation, then select ‘Allocation-specific deadlines’ in the placement block details area.
This will set the deadlines to be at the start, middle or end of each placement allocation rather than across the placement allocations.